Re: MySQL

Hi Liz,

Depending on the platform, you may be able to install from a package of
some sort.  An RPM on Linux may work depending on the features that were
compiled into the RPM (Anyone had success with this and LAS?).  Also, on
SGI machines you can install MySQL from http://freeware.sgi.com.  There
are probably similar packages for Sun,HP, etc. machines.

This might be the easiest thing to try as a start.  Just be warned: It
might not work!  There may be options that you need to build into MySQL
when you build it from source.  These options may not have been used when
the package was created.

I just took a look at the MySQL site and it looks like they have packages
for various platforms.  If you used one of these and it isn't working, you
may end up needing to install from the source code.  I believe that is
what I did.

Good luck,

Steve

 Steve Cousins                 Email: cousins@umit.maine.edu
 Research Associate            Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences     208 Libby Hall
 University of Maine           Orono, Maine 04469