anomaly

hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me out.  i want my las to show anomaly (monthly - long term mean)...
of course las can show the difference of two file (say  the diff between jan 1979 and longterm mean of jan).  but that does not satify some researchers who want to get an anomaly  t line plot.  say from jan 1950 to dec. 1999  which means.. ( jan.1950-Ltmean jan, feb.1950-Ltmean feb, and ....  dec. 1999 - Ltmean dec).  i have already created all the monthly mean data (which can be linked all together by a des file) and also i have created a long term mean data (averaged all jan, feb, ... dec. from 1950 to 1999 respectively)..

for reference, please see http://apdrc.soest.hawaii.edu/las    check SODA data

Shen Yingshuo
IPRC-SOEST
Univ. of Hawaii