Re: LAS image maps

Steve,

I've really got to put a wrapper on 5.2 (we're going to call it) and
write some documentation for it.  You CVS savvy folks are going to be in
the dark otherwise.

LAS 5.2 allows much more configuration of the User Interface than
previous versions.  This is seen in the "ui.xml" file.

This file contains several abstract containers called "defaults" which
each contain other indirections called "maps", one each for:
'operations', 'views', 'livemap' and 'options'.  These are defined by
the xml tags in the ui.xml file.

At the bottom of the file are some instructions on how to attach a
particular UI to a variable (or dataset) through the

If you've done a CVS download recently you should also have a directory
called

  lasxml/contrib/jgofs

which has some examples in it.  This directory has configuration
information underneath server/ and two additional images under ui/.  You
can see the actual server which uses this information at:

  http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/jgofs/

Let me know if you get stuck or have any further questions.  You've
motivated me to get together a real 5.2 release.  That can be my New
Year's resolution.

-- Jon