LAS server credits

Hi,
I have a question for the LAS developers. I'm in the process of setting
up a LAS5.0 server at the SPARC data center. You can already view it at
htttp://www.sparc.sunysb.edu/las but the visualization of my data isn't
working yet, (somehow ferret doesn't like my longitudes).
Problems  aside, my question concerns the credit for the LAS/ferret
software for institutions other than NOAA. It seems that most of the LAS
servers are located on  NOAA servers.  Thus, I understand that
ferret places NOAA/PMEL logo on every plot, but I would
like to remove it. (How?) I'm not sure if that's ok with you and whom I
should ask for permission to use the software without the logo.
I'd be happy to acknowledge that the software has been developed by
NOAA  in other ways.
What's your general policy on that?
Thanks,
Petra
p.s. BTW, The SPARC data center is located at SUNY Stony Brook. I've been
asked to add visualization capabilities to our website and turned to LAS
because of a presentation at the AMS last year.  SPARC stands for
Stratospheric Processes and Their Role in Climate. We won't have any ocean
data just atmospheric data. Chers, Petra
|  Petra Udelhofen                                                          |