time dimension problem

Hi, Jon and friends,

I am having problem to get LAS work properly with
a netcdf file that represents yearly averages. LAS says:

You specified a time or depth value that is outside the region contained
by this dataset.

I searched mail archive, found an old thread and followed suggestions
there, but still got same error. The URL of this old thread is
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/Mail_Archives/fu_2000/msg00032.html

Attched are relevant parts of my xml file and dump of my netcdf for time.

Thanks in advance.

Zhangfan

--------------------relevant parts of my xml file---------------------

      <jpl_time_mean units="foo" type="t">
       <arange start="1980" step="1" size="1"/>
      </jpl_time_mean >

--------------------dump of my netcdf for time------------------------

[xing@foo try]$ ncdump -v time Vave.y1980.cdf | more
netcdf Vave.y1980 {
dimensions:
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (1 currently)
        depth = 46 ;
        lat = 224 ;
        lon = 360 ;
variables:
        float lat(lat) ;
                lat:long_name = "Latitude" ;
                lat:units = "degrees_north" ;
                lat:actual_range = -90.f, 90.f ;
        float lon(lon) ;
                lon:long_name = "Longitude" ;
                lon:units = "degrees_east" ;
                lon:actual_range = 0.f, 360.f ;
        float depth(depth) ;
                depth:long_name = "depth" ;
                depth:units = "meters" ;
                depth:positive = "down" ;
                depth:actual_range = 0.f, 6000.f ;
        float time(time) ;
                time:long_name = "Time in years" ;
                time:units = "years" ;
        float Vave(time, depth, lat, lon) ;
                Vave:units = "M/S" ;
                Vave:long_name = "Meridional Velocity" ;
                Vave:missing_value = -1.e+10f ;
                Vave:add_offset = 0.f ;
                Vave:scale_factor = 1.f ;

// global attributes:
                :title = "Annual Mean 1980" ;
                :history = "Converted from MITGCM output\n",
    "" ;
data:

 time = 1980 ;
}