Re: Installation problem

Long,

When you installed the module, did it pass all of the tests? You should have seen output something like this:

t/00base............ok
t/10dsnlist.........ok
t/20createdrop......ok
t/30insertfetch.....ok
t/40bindparam.......ok
t/40blobs...........ok
t/40listfields......ok
t/40nulls...........ok
t/40numrows.........ok
t/50chopblanks......ok
t/50commit..........ok, 14/30 skipped: No transactions
t/60leaks...........skipped test on this platform
t/ak-dbd............ok
t/akmisc............ok
t/dbdadmin..........ok
t/insertid..........ok
t/mysql.............ok
t/mysql2............ok

Other potential problem sources:

- Perl and/or MySQL compiled with different C compiler than the DBD::mysql module
- You didn't install the MySQL client libraries when you installed mysql. Check in /usr/lib/mysq (or wherever you installed MySQL) for a libmysqlclient.a file. If it isn't there, you need to install the MySQL client libraries.

--
Joe Sirott