Re: Mirrored server

Joe,

Well, huh.  I guess I'm smarter (or dumber) than I look.

Yes, I did make all those changes, however it only affected the configuration
process which serializes the information into the database.

I found the spot in LASTemplate.pm where the session management stuff gets it's
database connection.  I hard coded a host in there and that successfully moved
the session management db access from the local host to the remote host.

    my $args = {
        cgi => $cgi,
        DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:las:web1',
        UserName => 'las',
        Password => 'lasrules',
        CookieError => 'nocookies.html'
        };

However, the connection that yanks the info out of the database to build the UI
still connects to the local host.

011003 10:36:57     183 Connect    las@localhost on las
                    183 Query      select dbase from map where
urlid='9tuvk+i7ar2igZXPNxOqnA'
                    183 Quit

So far I've not been able to locate where this connection gets initialized so I
can intervene with a host name.  If I hack all the places in LASDB.pm where I
added a host argument and hard code the value to the remote host, everything
works so we're definitely on the right track...

Roland
--
Roland Schweitzer
NOAA-CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center		325 Broadway