Re: Intelligent dealing with duplicate element by LAS.pm

Mike,

I presume the duplicated axes are longitude and latitude.  When I look
at your data with Ferret I see three grids:

yes? show grid gmj1
    GRID GMJ1
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 LONGITUDE LONGITUDE            1 r   122.39W              122.39W
 LATITUDE  LATITUDE             1 r   36.7N                36.7N
 DEPTH_HR  DEPTH (m)          101 r-  0                    500
 TIME_HR   TIME             24456 r   29-JUN-1998 00:00    12-APR-2001
23:00
yes? show grid gmj2
    GRID GMJ2
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 LONGITUDE_HR LONGITUDE         1 r   122.39W              122.39W
 LATITUDE_HR LATITUDE           1 r   36.7N                36.7N
 DEPTH_HR  DEPTH (m)          101 r-  0                    500
 TIME_HR   TIME             24456 r   29-JUN-1998 00:00    12-APR-2001
23:00
yes? show grid gmj3
    GRID GMJ3
 name       axis              # pts   start                end
 LONGITUDE_MET_HR LONGITUD      1 r   122.39W              122.39W
 LATITUDE_MET_HR LATITUDE       1 r   36.7N                36.7N
 DEPTH     DEPTH (m)            1 r-  3.5                  3.5
 TIME_HR   TIME             24456 r   29-JUN-1998 00:00    12-APR-2001
23:00

The longitude axes appear to be the same in all three grids but have
three separate names.  The same is true for the latitude axes.  The time
axis is shared by all three grids.

I expect that if your netCDF files specified a single longitude axis and
a single latitude axis the multiple axes created by genLas2.pl would go
away.

Let us know if my hunch is incorrect.

-- Jon