Re: ui for single variable stored in mulitple files

Zhangfan,

Your xml file specifies "adjoint.des" as an <init_script> to use when
accessing the data titled "Assimilation (Adjoint) 1997-1998".  Ferret
scripts and Ferret descriptor files are entirely different animals.
When using Ferret descriptor files to link individual datasets together
you don't need to specify any <init_script>.  The descriptor file
essentially creates a new multi-file dataset that is recognized by
Ferret.

Your xml should look like this:

      <Assimilation_ad doc="" name="Assimilation (Adjoint) 1997-1998">

       <variables>

        <Have_e units="meters" name="Sea Surface Height"
url="file:/mnt/lasdata0/datasets/adjoint/adjoint#Have">
         <link match="/lasdata/grids/jpl_2d_grid_1997_1998"/>
         <properties>
          <ferret>
           <fill_levels>20c</fill_levels>
           <palette>light_centered</palette>