Re: updating datasets on Las

Mark,

I'm cc'ing my response to the LAS users' group where such questions
should be directed.  The questions and answers are archived there for
others to find.

First off I recommend that everyone use XML includes to keep their
dataset XML in separate files.  An FAQ describing this exists here:

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/FAQ/xml_includes.html

Using XML includes allows you to separate the XML files for each dataset
so that you don't need to use delXml.pl -- you simply remove my_data.xml
and regenerate it.  It looks like you have the rest of it working.

I'm sure that there would be many people interested in any
semi-automated solutions you come up with for scheduled updates of the
LAS interface.  You're not the only one to confront this problem.

-- Jonathan Callahan

PS__ We'd love to have a look at your LAS site.  What's the URL?