ui for single variable stored in mulitple files

Hi,

I am having this problem when setting up LAS server:

We have a 3D field of 20 years, totaling more than 10GB.
I have to split it into multiple netcdf files, due to
file size limit (of netcdf and OS filesystem) and performance issues.
Currently under LAS, for multiple data files,
a multiple sub-menu entry will
be generated under one dataset, each for one of data  files.
Since these multiple data files are for only one varible,
it will be nice if only one sub-menu is generated.

My question is:
is it possible to have only one menu entry in LAS ui
(left hand side) for one variable that are stored in
two or more netcdf files?

Thanks

Zhangfan