Re: precision of coordinate bounds in LiveMap applet

Dave,

Unfortunately, java 1.0 (necessary to run on Macs) doesn't have any
formatting like this.

However, the applet does have a javascript accessible method associated
with it called setDelta(xdel,ydel).  This will cause the handles to snap
to a grid determined by xdel and ydel.  An example is seen here:

http://tmap.pmel.noaa.gov/~callahan/JAVA/map_v3.0/LiveMap_v3.0.html

You can setImage to "Carolina coast" and see the problem you're talking
about.

Then change the Grid Spacing to ".25 X .25" to see the effect.

One of the ideas we've bandied about but never implemented is to have
the grid spacing in the applet set by the grid spacing in the data.
That way you'd 'feel' the grid spacing of the underlying data whenever
you interacted with the map.

If you're using the LiveMap applet in the context of LAS you'd have to
find the right place to use the setDelta() method in the las.js file.

Does that help?

-- Jon