LAS and Curvilinear-Orthogonal grid

Is anyone using LAS to visualize data on a curvilinear-orthogonal grid?
We use the Princeton Ocean Model outputing data to NetCDF files and we'd
like to be able to use LAS but I'm not certain it is going to work.

The X and Y coordinates are 2D variables (Lat and Lon) since all elements
on a given row of the grid will not have the same Latitude (and likewise
for columns and Longitude).

If anyone has any ideas about this please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve
 Steve Cousins                 Email: cousins@umit.maine.edu
 Research Associate            Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences     208 Libby Hall
 University of Maine           Orono, Maine 04469