Re: composite variables

Matt,

After looking at your XML file let me recommend to your the "xml
include" syntax so that you can separate your dataset xml files.  This
should make maintaining them a lot easier.

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/FAQ/xml_includes.html

I *believe* your problem results from the <init_script> initialization
you use for some of the variables.  In the version of LAS I believe you
are using, the <init_script> information is not passed on when two
variables are combined into a vector.  In the version of LAS we are
about to release (2-4 weeks?) this problem has been resolved.

-- Jon