Re: composite & derived variables

Matt,

To get composite variables to work, the <link match="..."> contents need
to reflect the XML hierarchy.  For example, in our coads_climatology XML
file we have:

   <datasets>
    <coads_climatology_cdf name="COADS Climatology"
      url="file:coads_climatology"
      doc="doc/coads_climatology.html">
     <variables>
      <uwnd name="Zonal Wind" units="M/S">
       <link match="/lasdata/grids/coads_climatology_cdf_grid"/>
      </uwnd>
      <vwnd name="Meridional Wind" units="M/S">
       <link match="/lasdata/grids/coads_climatology_cdf_grid"/>
      </vwnd>
     </variables>
     <composite>
      <wind_vectors name="Wind vectors" js="VecVariable">
       <link
match="/lasdata/datasets/coads_climatology_cdf/variables/uwnd"/>
       <link
match="/lasdata/datasets/coads_climatology_cdf/variables/vwnd"/>
      </wind_vectors>
     </composite>
    </coads_climatology_cdf>
   </datasets>

The hierarchy:

  <lasdata>
   <datasets>
    <coads_climatology_cdf
     <variables>
      <uwnd name

is reflected in the link match as:

  /lasdata/datasets/coads_climatology_cdf/variables/uwnd

Your second problem is duly noted.  Please remember that differencing is
not a released feature yet.  I am currently modifying LAS so that the
initialization process will open datasets and then call initialization
scripts instead of the other way around.  When I am done, this will work
for data comparison.

-- Jonathan Callahan