*** Announcing LAS version 4.0 ***

          * * * Announcing LAS version 4.0 * * *

We are announcing the official release of our Live Access Server (LAS)
v4.0.

The Live Access Server is a highly adaptable data server which works
with Ferret to make datasets available to users through a web browser.

LAS v4.0 has the following features

1) interactive, javascript interface
3) XML description of datasets and associated graphical styles
2) multiple output formats
3) options interface for user tailored output graphics
4) DODS networking access to remote data sets
5) 'sister server' capability for collaborative databases

A prototype site is available for testing at:

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/las/

LAS v4.0 is written in perl and javascript. It is available for download
as source code with configuration files and installation instructions.
For a list of systems on which the server has been tested, please see:

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/FAQ/os_browser_table.html

You may download LAS from the following page

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/Downloads/

  Happy Ferreting!