Re: Can't match target

Mike,

There is an exception to the rule

  "The xml variable tags must correspond to the netcdf variable names."

You could have had your grtemp variable defined like this:

  <grtemp name="Temperature" units="Degrees C"
url=="file:/hosts/tornado/vol/vol0/MUSEdata/Ships/NewHorizon/Towfish/232/tow081900all.Avgxyz.nc#griddedtemp">
   <link
match="/lasdata/grids/tow081900all_Avgxyz_nc_XAX1_YAX1_ZAX1_grid" />
  </grtemp>

Whenever a url property is defined inside a variable, this overrides the
url property associated with the dataset.  The variable "grtemp" above
uses the url property to associate itself with your dataset and a
particular variable name: "griddedtemp".  The syntax is

  url="file:data_file#actual_var_name"

There's some more discussion of this in the FAQ on merged datasets.

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/LAS/FAQ/merged_datasets.html

-- Jon