Re: Defining a symbol containing an axis length

Hi Paulo,

If by "number of points" you mean the number of points along an axis of
a particular variable subset that you are accessing then follow this
example:
    yes? use coads_climatology
    yes? define symbol var_len = `sst[x=130e:80w,l=1,j=1],return =
isize`

If by "number of points" you mean the full length of the axis on which a
variable is defined then follow this example:
    yes? use coads_climatology
    yes? let xx = x[gx=sst]; define symbol ax_len = `xx[x=@ngd]`

    - steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070