Re: Problem with calculating derivatives

Hi Glen,

First a quick aside:

     The notation
         let zz=z[g=ngh]-z[g=ngh]+k
     can be replaced by the simpler
         let zz=k[g=ngh]

OK -- now for your mystery.

In fact, Ferret is mis-identifying the units "Kelvin", just as you surmised. I
will look into fixing this up -- thanks for pointing it out.

If you try replacing "Kelvin" by (say) "deg. K" you'll find that Ferret issues
a message

     yes? define axis/z=0:100:10/unit="deg. K" zz
      *** NOTE: unknown axis units: DEG. K

which tells you that it will NOT be incorrectly translating "Deg. K" to some
othe units this time.

    - steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070