Re: color scale

>I'm using the 'fill' and 'contour' options to plot temperature data. I
>have defined a specific scale to consistently compare various data sets.
>When a data set goes past the scale (either upper or lower value), no
>color is plotted. How can I 'saturate' the colors at either end of the
>scale. For example if a value is lower than my scale have it continue
>with the lowest color (purple) or it the data exceeds the upper value
>have 'fill' continue to plot highest color (red).

It's a pity you can't do something like (borrowing from F90):

let maxold = max(old)
let new = old
let new = maxold/where(old > 10.0)

That would at least get the key legend correct rather than have
artificially high and low bounds.

   Glenn

----
Dr. Glenn Carver, Senior Research Associate,
Centre for Atmospheric Science, Chemistry Dept., Cambridge University, UK
mailto:Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk   http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/

              "I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
                   - Albert Einstein