Re: Polymark go script won't work for me

Hi Glen,

A "feature" of the current polymark script is that it only works properly as an
overlay on a 2D plot (typically a map).

Explanation: The shapes to be plotted (circles, stars, etc.) will be distorted
if they are not aspect-corrected and scaled according to the axis ranges. The
script uses $xaxis_max,$xaxis_min, etc. to determine the already-present axis
scaling. These symbols are defined automatically by CONTOUR and other 2D
commands, but they are not presently defined by 1D plotting commands.

Work around:

Define the necessary symbols manually, before issuing the GO polymark command

     define symbol xaxis_max 6
     define symbol xaxis_min 0
     define symbol yaxis_max 8
     define symbol yaxis_min 1
     ! and if necessary
     define symbol ppl$xlen 8
     define symbol ppl$ylen 6

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll fix the omission in the next release.

    - steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070