plotting bathymetry

I have bathymetric data that I'm trying to plot. I can plot contours and
fill plots fine. However when I try to plot a vertcle slice (ex. a
horizontal slice along a fixed latitude, or horizontal slice along a
fixed longitude) all I can plot is a X or Y line. Is there a way to 1)
fill in the a color beneath the line, and more importantly reverse the
depth axis so that it plots from 0 to maximum depth top to bottom?