Re: supressing axes labels

Pam,

There are a number of ways of suppressing labels. I refer you to the ferret
manual (particularly, chapter 6 on custmozing plots) and a number of sections
in the PPLUS manual (look in $FER_DIR/doc), and also the ferret GO tool
unlabel.

For your particular question (just removal of X axis and title), the easiest
way is to use PPLUS commands. Let's say you are doing filled contour plots. An
example would then be:

yes? fill/set_up my_var
yes? pplus title        ! removes title
yes? pplus xlab         ! removes x label
yes? pplus fill

Hope this helps, Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.

		     Better Living Through Denial
               ** USQC Certified: 100% Microsoft Free **