More on mp_stereographic_south.jnl

Dear all

Thanks to Jeremya we learned that mp_stereographic_south.jnl has an
error as discussed in the Ferret User Group earlier.
The line
>   let/quiet mp_mask = if y le 0 then 1
should be
>   let/quiet mp_mask = 1
and it works.

But  we have still an interesting (challanging) problem. On the SH maps
that we plot now the land and the data are flipped. That means that the
land oulines and the data look like you would see them from inside the
earth and not form looking outside to the south pole as expected.
If you like to see the problem compare a plot using
mp_stereographic_south
http://www.climate.unibe.ch/~christof/div/stereo_south_mirror.ps
with one using a lat long plane
http://www.climate.unibe.ch/~christof/div/norm_correct.ps

Any help
Thanks Christof & Daniel

--
Dr. Christof Appenzeller			Tel. (031) 631 48 71
Climate and Environmental Physics		Fax. (031) 631 44 05