Re: How to create a vector?

> Hi all
>
> I would like to create a vector with ferret output and plot it as a
> function of time. More specifically, I want to calculate the monthly mean
> of Myvar in a certain region and then plot it as a function of the month.
> I did
>
> set region/x=10W:30e/y=50s:30s
> let Myvar_1=Myvar[l=1:540:12]
> let Myvar_1m=Myvar_1[l=@ave]
>
> to get the monthly average for january. I have to do the same for every
> month and then plot the mean values of Myvar as function of the month.
>
> Is there any effective way to do that?
> Thanks!
>
> Marcelo

Marcelo,
The easiest way is to regrid using the @MOD transformation. Make sure
Myvar is on a calender grid then issue

use climatological_axes
set data default_data_set
let myvar_monthly_ave=myvar[gt=month_irreg@mod]

Now, myvar_monthly_ave[l=1] refers to the january average, l=2 to Feb etc..
See the section on modulo regridding in the manual for more details.

Russ