How to create a vector?

Hi all

I would like to create a vector with ferret output and plot it as a
function of time. More specifically, I want to calculate the monthly mean
of Myvar in a certain region and then plot it as a function of the month.
I did

set region/x=10W:30e/y=50s:30s
let Myvar_1=Myvar[l=1:540:12]
let Myvar_1m=Myvar_1[l=@ave]

to get the monthly average for january. I have to do the same for every
month and then plot the mean values of Myvar as function of the month.

Is there any effective way to do that?
Thanks!

Marcelo

Marcelo Barreiro
Dept. of Oceanography, Physical Section
College of Geosciences and Maritime Studies
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3146
Phone: (409) 845-3238
Email: marcelo@ocean.tamu.edu