Re: weird regridding behavior

Denise,

	The striping you end up with with the "air[gx=xax@mod,gy=yax]" is
beyond my comprehension (Steve Hankin?), however the fix for the overall
regridding is simple. The problem comes up in the ambiguity of the region you
are asking for.
When you say simply "air[g=gfine]", ferret assumes you mean to use the region
of "air" which is 0E:2.5W, and thus when you regrid using gfine, the last
longitude (2W) isn't part of that region. This is true even though both axis
are modulo since modulo just ALLOWS you to wrap around. ferret doesn't try to
guess every situation where you want to wrap around, you have to ask for this.

	So, the answer to your question is just to specify the region of the
target grid "air[x=0:358,g=gfine], and this will give you the full 180*26 grid
you want.

	Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.

		     Better Living Through Denial
               ** USQC Certified: 100% Microsoft Free **