[no subject]

Hi Emilio,

Thanks for your suggestion, it worked. I did

? set data etopo120
? set region/x=59W:50W/y=35S:27S
? let Prec_filt = if rose[d=2] ge -500 then Prec[d=1]
? contour/fill/l=5/I=141:145/J=28:32 Prec_filt           !to plot

I had to put "I=141:145/J=28:32" because otherwise ferret sends the error
message

 **ERROR: inconsistent sizes of data regions: X axis
           PREC[D=1] has 4 points (I=108:111)
           expression has 5 points (I=141:145)

and an analog for J.

Then I calculated the mean with

? let/quiet Prec_ave=Prec_filt[d=1,x=@AVE,y=@AVE]

and try to plot it using

? plot Prec_ave

and I got the same error as above. I can not understand why do I get this
message because Prec_ave is one-dimensional (only in time). I tried to
use

plot/I=141:145/J=28:32 Prec_ave

but ferret displays again the same error message.

Do you have any idea on how to plot the time series of the average (of
Prec_ave)???

Thanks. (Muchas gracias!)

Marcelo

Marcelo Barreiro
Dept. of Oceanography, Physical Section
College of Geosciences and Maritime Studies
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3146
Phone: (409) 845-3238
Email: marcelo@ocean.tamu.edu