Re: Non-recatngular region

Marcelo,

Ferret doesn't support non-rectangular regions per se. Depending on what
you want to do, "masks" may work for you. Let's say you have a variable
that has positive values in your continental region, and negative values
(or nodata) outside of it. Set your rectangular region:

SET REGION ...

then create a masked copy of your variable of interest, MYVAR:

LET MYVARMASK = IF continentvar ge 0 THEN MYVAR

Now use the new variable MYVARMASK instead of the original MYVAR. Areas
outside of the continent have been set to nodata, and will not be included
in calculations.

Hope that helps. Saludos,

Emilio Mayorga

University of Washington
School of Oceanography			emiliom@u.washington.edu
Box 357940				ph. (206) 543-5334
Seattle, WA  98195-7940	  USA		FAX (206) 685-3351
http://boto.ocean.washington.edu/staff_pages/emilio