Minor bugette in loading netcdf files?

I'm running Version 5.00 (solaris 2.5 ;-).  I think there may be a slight
bug in reading netcdf files. Ferret won't find the file if I miss off the
.nc extension even though the error message suggests it searches for it.

      Glenn

e.g.

 $ ls out*
out19950201_0000.nc
 $ echo $FER_DATA
. /opt/ferret/fer_dsets/data /opt/ferret/go /opt/ferret/examples
/opt/ferret/con
trib
 $ ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        Program FERRET (V500beta1.1)
        Version 5.00 - 07/07/99
        20-Aug-99 17:47

yes? use out19950201_0000
 **TMAP ERR: non-existent or not on line
             Searched $FER_DESCR and $FER_DATA for
out19950201_0000(.des,.cdf,.n
c)
yes? use out19950201_0000.nc
yes?

----
Dr. Glenn Carver, Senior Research Associate,
Centre for Atmospheric Science, Chemistry Dept., Cambridge University, UK
mailto:Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk   http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/

              "I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
                   - Albert Einstein