GFDL MOM netcdf in Ferret

Fellow Ferreters: I've been using Ferret for years, but
reading only ascii data files. Now I want to use it to:

1) plot netcdf output from the GFDL MOM model
and
2) write data as input to the model

Is there anyone out there who does this and can email
me a ferret script or two to start with? One that reads
the snapshots.dta.nc diagnostic, for example?

If it matters, I'm using Ferret 4.92 on an Irix 6.5 SGI.
Thanks!

--
Karen L. Bice, Dept. of Geology and Geophysics
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution