Re: NaN number in ASCII file

At 3:19 pm +0100 21/7/99, Xavier REICHENAUER wrote:
>Hi averybody !
>
>How do I tell ferret to consider NaN as missing value in ASCII file ?
>Thanks a lot for answers.

Why not use 'sed' or some other editor to do a global replace on all NaN
symbols with a value of, say, -9999 and tell Ferret that's the missing or
bad data value?

  Glenn

----
Dr. Glenn Carver, Senior Research Associate,
Centre for Atmospheric Science, Chemistry Dept., Cambridge University, UK
mailto:Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk   http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/

              "I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
                   - Albert Einstein