Re: netCDF-Irregular Grid

Victor,

Ferret v5 can display your results in your curvilinear system using
curvilinear coordinates:

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/v50/chapter6.html#V5.0_projection

You will need to define a grid for your longitude and latitude matrices
and read them in defined on this grid.  Then you can use the argument
SHADE or FILL commands to display your data in its native coordinate
system.

You will probably have to do something like this:

  define axis/x=1:200:1 iindex
  define axis/y=1:80:1 jindex
  define axis/t=1:100:1 lindex
  define grid/x=iindex/y=jindex coord_grid
  define grid/x=iindex/y=jindex/t=lindex data_grid
  file/var=my_lon/columns=200/grid=coord_grid longitudes.dat
  file/var=my_lat/columns=200/grid=coord_grid latitudes.dat
  file/var=my_data/columns=200/grid=data_grid data.dat
  shade my_data, my_lon, my_lat

Let me know if this doesn't solve things for you.

-- Jon