[Fwd: black & white shading]

Hi Ilana,

In addition to the grayscale options, Ferret V5 also has
	/PATTERN=
options, which allow you to use hatch patterns of various type for
filling areas. The hatches make excellent (Xerox) reproductions in black
and white -- better than do grayscales.

	- steve

P.S. I believe that the "Fpattern" command, which allows you to ask what
pattern files exist, was omitted from the V5 BETA release. You can find
it on the downloads page
(http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/ferret_downloads.html).
Look under "binary script files".

Jonathan Callahan wrote:

> Ilana,
>
> Have you tried "grayscale"?
>
> And do you know that you can request the names of all the palettes with:
>
> Fpalette '*'
>
> -- Jonathan
>
> Ilana Wainer wrote:
> >
> > Quick question for the group -
> > Is there a specific black and white pallete, for B & W shaded figures?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > -Ilana

> >   Ilana Wainer
> >   Dept. Oceanografia Fisica - Universidade de Sao Paulo
> >   Praca do Oceanografico 191 - 05508-900, Sao Paulo - Brazil
> >   Phone: +55-11 818 6578     Fax: +55-11 818 6610
> >   http://www.labmet.io.usp.br

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744