Read-only file system

Dear all,

I'm trying to read data stored on a remote data server machine where
I can not write directly to the data disks. I don't seem to be able to
read the data. I get the following error message:

Read-only file system
 **TMAP ERR:

            during SKIP reads
            Data set: file name in question
            Data file: file name in question

I'm a bit puzzled because I'm not trying to write anything (just reading
the data).

Does anyone have any idea on what is going on?

Thank you very much.

Daniel