Re: Announcing Ferret V5.0 (beta) on Solaris, Linux, and DEC (Compaq)

Hi Emilio,

Our plan is to release the source code when the V5 "BETA" becomes an
official version. We plan to let the BETA period run about 2 months.

The source is, of course, quite large -- but has lots of internal
documentation and is quite readable/modifiable. We would welcome
contributions to it. (Note that the new external functions framework
also provides a mechanism for adding new functionality -- without the
need to mess with the source code.)

	- steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070