Re: labeling polar plots

Alice,

I would encourage you to try out the new map projection scripts which
were included in Ferret V4.91.  They allow many more projections besides
polar and include numerous utility scripts which help out with labeling,
plotting ship tracks, etc.  You can examine their output by running

go mp_demo

Here is a little script which creates a plot similar to the one you
created with polar_2d.jnl.  The screen and hard copy versions look
identical.   If you want to add labels for longitudes and latitudes, you
can add them with the mp_label.jnl script.

use levitus_climatology
set region/y=29.9:90/z=0
set grid temp
go mp_stereographic_north