Re: Seasonal data on a continuous time axis

Hi Mark,

This analysis can be quite a lot simpler than the path you've started
down, below. No intermediate files are needed.

Bare bones:

 1. define your seasonal (climatological) axis with DEFINE AXIS
		see "yes? use climatological_axes" for "seasonal_reg"
		as one example (try SHOW AXIS seasonal_reg)
 2. define new variables regriding from your entire 3-year data set to
		the seasonal axis with gt=seasonal@mod
		and gt=seasonal@modvar (try yes? SHOW TRANSFORMS)

The "binning" used in the modulo operations is unweighted -- see index
under "Modulo Regridding" at
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/v44/ for a
complete write-up)

	Happy Ferreting - steve

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744