Re: long units description

Hi Keith,

The 24 character limit comes from Ferret. I do not believe that COARDS
specified anything regarding the length of the units string.

Note:
 1. It will have minimal effect on Ferret's ability to function
correctly
 2. The limit hass already been raised to 48 characters in the V5 BETA
versions
 3. Although the units text string gets truncated to 24 characters on
output plots it is easy to modify with the normal plot labelling
commands.

	- steve

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744