Strange time axis inconsitencies...

I've got 300 years of monthly model run data that I've put into netCDF. For
some strange reason, the time axis appears to be "slipping" as seen by FERRET.

For example:

      Time stamp     Years since start
   1: 16-JAN-0001    0.0417
   2: 15-FEB-0001    0.1250
   3: 18-MAR-0001    0.2083
   4: 17-APR-0001    0.2917
   5: 17-MAY-0001    0.3750
   6: 17-JUN-0001    0.4583
   [....]
3596: 06-JUN-0300  299.6250
3597: 06-JUL-0300  299.7083
3598: 05-AUG-0300  299.7917
3599: 05-SEP-0300  299.8750
3600: 05-OCT-0300  299.9583

How come the last time in calendar form is off by ~75 days, despite the fact
that the delta T is correct? I know that in 300 years there's 75 leap days,
but the last column takes that into account.

Here's the netCDF specification of the time axis:

        double time(time) ;
                time:long_name = "time" ;
                time:units = "years since 0001-01-01" ;

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.