Re: My 3D gridding problem.

Hi Donald,

As you have discovered Ferret has support to grid scattered data onto 2D
surfaces, only.

If you have an existing subroutine (C or FORTRAN) that performs the
desired regridding you can make it a part of Ferret as an "External
Function". The EF framework is included at BETA level in Ferret V4.91
(documentation on Ferret home page at
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret). The EF framework will be fully
supported in Ferret V.5.0 which should be out in April.

	- steve

P.S. If you do create such an EF, please share it with us -- we would
like to consider including such a utility in V.5.

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070