Problem with isentropic coordinate model data

I'm starting to use Ferret on netCDF datasets produced by an atmospheric
model. This is a model of the stratosphere and uses potential
temperature as a vertical coordinate. On attempting to load the file
into Ferret I get the warning that 'K' (for kelvin) is not recognised as
a valid unit for the vertical coordinate.

I presume that Ferret does not understand isentropic vertical
coordinates - is this correct? I can understand this given the heritage
of the program.  Are there plans to correct this?

I apologise if this has already come up but I did search the mail
archives and users guide first.

Thanks,
         Glenn

Dr. Glenn Carver, Senior Research Associate    Phone: +44 (1223) 336524
Centre for Atmospheric Science,                Fax:   +44 (1223) 336473
Cambridge University, Chemistry Dept.,    Glenn.Carver@atm.ch.cam.ac.uk
Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK    www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/

         "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety nine
          percent perspiration"   Thomas Edison.