Re: twisted NetCDF files

Hey CJ!

	I am sure there is a better way, but when I have done this in the past
I have defined a larger grid for ferret that is aligned along lat/lon, and then
regridded (using a fortran program) the skewed grid to the new grid. Obviously,
everything not covered by the original grid is left undefined. Everthing prints
great and the only penalty paid is the extra file size. A picture might help if
this is confusing:

  +------------+
  |     /\     |  The square is the new ferret grid, and the diamond is the
  |    /  \    |  original model grid.
  |   /    \   |
  |  /      \  |
  | /        \ |
  | \        / |

Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.

                  USQC Certified: 100% Microsoft Free