twisted NetCDF files

Has anyone converted model data to NetCDF format that is set on a
lat,long, depth grid that is rotated in the x,y plain?  I'm trying to use
model data for the southern california coast where the model coordinate
system was rotated so that one edge was close to parallel to the Santa
Barbara area.   I have the grids for the latitude and longitude points and
the depth axis.  I couldn't find any documentation on how to combine these
into a NetCDF file for Ferret.

Thanks