Re: GIF weirdness and passing symbols...

> A possible answer to your first question -- my guess is that you are
> running Ferret on a 24 bit visual and, unfortunately, the only way to
> get a GIF out of Ferret on a 24 bit visual is to use "ferret -gif."
> Alternatively, you could run Ferret on a 8 bit visual.

Aha!

I used to run X in PseudoColor mode, now I run it in TrueColor mode - that
explains why gifs created via "ferret -unmapped" aren't readable. It's a bum-
mer since I really like TrueColor mode and didn't much care for the other one.

Hmmm... Hafta think about it...

Thanks!
--
Gary Strand