Re: irregular multi NetCDF file

Off the top of my head, I can't say for certain whether or not an irregular
NetCDF file is possible (I assume you mean irregular time axis). However, I see
no reason that you need to have it irregular. In my applications I use ferret
to look at numerical model output where the year is defined as 360 days. Since
ferret works in calendar days, there is not a 1 to 1 match. I just define the
axis from start date to end date and with number of points, and just let the
days fall where they may (it's never that far off). So, in your case you could
just define an axis something like:

yes? define axis/t="21-jan-1990":"21-dec-1994"/np=60 mytime

If you do this, and then look at the resulting locations on the t-axis (define
grid/t=mytime mygrid; show grid/t mygrid) you will see that it's at most about
30 hours off (in february). This is a small error in a 5 year data set.

Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.