Using viewports, margins, &c...

I'm trying to plot two fields, in a total of four viewports, XY slabs on the
left, top and bottom, and zonal averages on the right, top and bottom. I've
been playing with defining viewports and using "margins.jnl", and it's get-
ting a wee bit tedious trying to match up the heights of the zonal averages
with the slabs, and, trying to make sure the aspect ratio of the slabs is
correct.

Any hints out there other than iteration?

I do have a beef with viewports, though - if I'm looking at a 360 degree by
180 degree plot, i.e., global, why does changing the viewport mess up the
aspect ratio? Is there some way to force FERRET not to change it?

Thanks!
--
Gary Strand
strandwg@ucar.edu                              http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/gary