ASCii data

Dear ferreters

I have a ASCii gridded data that looks like the format below:

     90N |(1,1)                                         |
         |                                              |
         |                                              |
         |                                              |
         |                                              |
         |(1,90)                                        |
     Equ |                                              |
         |(1,91)                                        |
         |                                              |
         |                                              |
         |                                              |
         |                                              |
     90S |(1,180)______________________________(360,180)|
          180W                 0                    180E

I've defined my axis and grid in Ferret:

define axis/x=179.5W:179.5E:1/unit=degrees xaxis
define axis/y=89.5S:89.5n:1/unit=degrees yaxis
define grid/x=xaxis/y=yaxis gaxis
file/var=temp/grid=gaxis/col=360 my_data.dat

When I try to plot this data, North and South are inverted. So, I tried to
define a new y-axis:

define axis/y=89.5n:89.5s:1/unit=degrees yaxis

and plot again. For my surprise, the plot is the same: North and South
inverted!!!

What am I do wrong?? I suppose that data must begin always with southmost
position!!

I appreciate any help.

Cheers

Antonio

                  Antonio Caetano Vaz Caltabiano
          National Institute for Space Research - SERE II
    P.O. Box 515 - 12201-970 - Sao Jose dos Campos - SP - Brazil
        Phone: +55 (0)12 3456508   FAX: +55 (0)12 3456488