Lagrangian drifter routine

OK,

	Haven't gotten any response to my question on how to suppress the
LISTing statement, but I have finished documenting and (hopefully) debugging
the routine. A number of people have expressed interest in this and so I am
making it available on our anonymous ftp server. There is extensive
documentation in the routine itself and an example dataset/files, and I would
ask all users to please refer to that before posting a message to the
list-server or writing to me. On the other hand, if you find bugs or would like
to recommend future enhancements (there is a section in the documentation that
lists planned enhancements), please mail those to me directly.

Here's how to get the routines (and the example):

Login to the ftp server (Name=anonymous, password=your full email address):
	ftp amarone.gsfc.nasa.gov

Change to binary mode:
	binary

Change to the pub directory:
	cd pub

Get the routine:
	get lagrangian.tar

Get the example, if desired (recommended):
	get lagr_example.tar

Exit:
	quit

Now you will have one (or two) tar-file(s) containing the routine (and
example).
Get the routine (two files lagrangian.jnl and lagrmove.jnl):
	tar xvf lagrangian.tar

Get the example (three files uv.cdf pset.jnl tracers.loc)
	tar xvf lagr_example.tar

The example would then be run by:
>> ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        Program FERRET (GUI)
        Version 4.45 - 01/21/97
        22-Jul-98 10:52

yes? go lagrangian uv

FYI: the files that you end up with are:
lagrangian.jnl - the main routine
lagrmove.jnl   - sub-routine, needed by lagrangian.jnl
pset.jnl       - example background plot setup commands (documented)
tracers.loc    - example initial virtual-drifters location (uses 3)
uv.cdf         - example surface velocity fields (numerical model output)

Have Fun! Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.