Re: data manipulation for plot

Very simple, Kerry.

All you have to do is define a new variable that has a value when the spd is
high enough, and is undefined when the spd is less than the chosen value.

E.g.:
yes? LET minspd = 2.0
yes? LET gdir = IF spd gt minspd THEN dir
yes? CONTOUR gdir

The IF statement is the key. By not including an ELSE statement in the
definition, the value of gdir is implicitely undefined whenever the if test
fails. Of course, you don't need the two LET statements, they could be made
into one {IF spd gt 2.0 THEN dir}, but I find this format more
self-documenting.

Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.